Friday, November 19, 2010
Saturday, November 13, 2010
Monday, November 8, 2010
Thursday, November 4, 2010
Here's my second independent study. Of all the drawings I've ever done, this one tested my patience and challenged me the most. I ran into a lot of problems, particularly while rendering the grass, building, and windows. Also I had to make up some parts, which proved to be the biggest challenge. In the original photograph, there was a giant tree bursting out of my mom's head and no windows (well, there was one, but it was hiding behind the giant tree). Also, it cropped off part of her feet. In the end, I still don't know if the parts I made up are as convincing as those I didn't, but I'm happy if only because I learned a lot.
Unfortunately I only have early progress pics to show. I stopped taking pictures of this drawing after I moved back to Baltimore because I was so sidetracked with school work. Also, I apologize for the horrific photo quality - I was just snapping photos quick and often in poor lighting.
(This last progress pic I actually took a few days ago. Not too much different from the final other than some of the grass is unfinished and my mom's lighting is brighter.)
I also scanned the third (and last) independent study drawing I'm currently working on, which is as follows...
All right, well I think that's all I have to say. Good bye!