Sunday, March 20, 2011

More Works

Hellooo. It's 2:00, and I am not tired, and the last thing I want to do is my homework, so I thought I'd update this blog to pass the time. I don't have anything I'm really excited about showing, but yeah, I do have some works from my painterly class I am partially happy with. Plus, I have some drawings in progress I'd like to show. Okay, here they are:



"Untitled" (for now)
Pencil

This is a drawing of my mom I've been working on and off for the last... I don't even know. I started it in August. Thought I'd post how far I am on it since I am pretty sure I won't find any time to finish it before summer. Evil 18 credit semesters... >:\



"Little Teddy"
Charcoal

For my painterly class, I had to do a drawing of a plush toy (not quite sure why). I wound up doing a charcoal drawing of this random teddy in my room. I feel like I could have done more with it. The whole piece just seems... unresolved, but I did have a ton of fun drawing the teddy's little fluffy face.



"Untitled" (for now and probably forever)
Photos I took of my window in Baltimore and at home

I also had to make a pastiche in my painterly class, which turned out to be surprisingly fun. I'm not completely happy with this piece - feel like the top needs something, like maybe some pencil details or something - but it was really, really refreshing and fun to make something without planning ahead. It was all just making decisions on the spot, something I haven't done in a long time.



"Untitled" (for now)
Pencil

This is a mom drawing I just started for my painterly class. Our last assignment is to do whatever we want, so I decided to do one mom drawing and some sumi ink drawings. I still haven't started the sumi ink drawings, but am pretty excited to do them since it will be much different than what I usually do! I doubt I'll post them, though, because, well, I suck at sumi ink... but I am improving!

By the way, I am sorry if this drawing seems confusing. It's in a pretty early stage, so none of it makes all that much sense. Hopefully things will start to come together as I keep going... Hm, yeah.

All right that's all I have! Good bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment