Monday, March 30, 2015

Well, I finished the Winston project.  But I am somewhat unhappy with it.  Around the end I started to realize the illustrations weren't connecting together in the way I wanted them to, that they were actually conflicting with each other, so I wound up scrapping the project.  Although I had to scrap it, I feel really happy with getting myself to finish it.  I feel like I have a stronger understanding of what it's like to work in a children's book format, and now know how important it is to plan extensively.  For this project, I was too quick to jump in!

I've got a little project, just 4 images with accompanying text, in progress right now.  I'm thinking if I start small, it will be easier to expand into larger, more detailed projects, you know?

Anyway, here's the last piece from Winston I'm going to post.  It's of some trees.   It was going to be used as a "break" a couple times to showing passing of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment